Irvine Bay Regeneration Company is working towards the economic regeneration of five towns in North Ayrshire, attracting jobs and inward investment to the area. I head up their marketing activity, which is a key element in the successful regeneration of the area. This is a wide and varied role covering everything from identifying key sectors and audiences, promoting Irvine Bay’s development potential, through to community and stakeholder engagement.
• brand development and management
• setting the marketing direction for the organisation
• implementing all marketing activity
• managing a group of suppliers including event managers, designers, web developers and copy writers
Over the last 8 years a great deal has happened and marketing has played an integral role in all of these achievements:
• locally the term “Irvine Bay” has become recognised as a way of referring to the area
• town centres in Kilwinning and Irvine have been transformed
• jobs have been created
• local people have become involved in regeneration
• Irvine Bay’s marketing has had to constantly evolve in response to market conditions
• Irvine Bay’s work has been recognised nationally
Kirsty worked with Irvine Bay creating, developing and delivering our marketing strategy, brand and activities. During this time Irvine Bay had to evolve in response to changing market conditions and opportunities – particularly in the commercial property sector. Kirsty’s approach is creative, flexible and focused – always keeping Irvine Bay and its marketing at the forefront of development. The creation of the Irvine Enterprise Area, i3, required the creation of new marketing propositions for sectors as diverse as life sciences, data centres and advanced engineering. Kirsty’s work enabled Irvine Bay to establish itself as a key player in these markets which has led to a substantial number of new investment enquiries for the area. Kirsty is hard working, diligent and highly professional. But above all she is passionate about what she does which is reflected in the quality of her work. Kirsty is a real asset to any team.