About the company
I’ve seen amazing things happen when organisations embrace purposeful marketing.
Purposeful brands deliver competitive advantage, they differentiate themselves through building better customer experiences, they build trust and command greater loyalty.
Getting this right creates both financial and social impact – it allows your brand to do well by doing good.
It’s such an exciting time to be in business today. The opportunities are extraordinary and the businesses that are leading with an authentic purpose are outstripping their competition. I’m looking for clients who want to be inspirational leaders of the thriving and connected organisations that will make a powerful impact in the world.
“…combines great knowledge and experience with a passion for her work and a clear focus on results.”
Ken MacKay, Axis Solutions
I have over 25 years’ marketing experience, 8 of these running my own marketing consultancy. I hit a point, even with the great work and proud successes of my past, where I realised that too much marketing is meaningless – vaneer and gloss.
The big problem for many organisations is that the ‘normal’ methods of marketing are becoming increasingly hit and miss. In far too many cases, these methods are not brand-aligned, nor joined up, nor sustainable and not effectively measured. Sadly, this reality only dawns after costly and lengthy attempts at various marketing approaches, either as in-house projects or by outsourcing work to expensive agencies. Sometimes it can be activity for activity’s sake, rather than marketing that is from purpose, with purpose, on purpose.
This was a pivotal insight for me. So I worked through my own process to connect with my core values. I now understand I have everything I need for the work and the purpose I am living. My skills, experiences and value put me in the best possible position to advance the ‘doing well by doing good’ agenda.
A marketing strategy or plan alone will not deliver sustainable results unless it’s woven into the fabric of the organisation so it becomes ‘how things are done around here’. Fusing brand and culture – an organisation’s two nuclei – and building the brand from the inside-out is the only way forward for significant purpose-driven businesses and initiatives, to ensure a true customer centric approach takes hold effectively.
I love steering companies with a clear purpose and set of values through the early stages of strategic thinking and on into defining and creating their brand. And then of course the really rewarding bit – for me, but especially for my clients – is to see the difference that well focused, thought-out purposeful marketing actually makes.
“…her engaging, thoughtful and sincere but authoritative manner truly helped to get the best from each of us individually for the wider benefit of the organisation.”
Nick Laws, Value Credit Union
For example …
I worked with a Credit Union recently, whose marketing was inconsistent and lacked impact. I helped them reconnect with their purpose – a better, fairer way of managing members’ finances. With co-operative principles of trust, mutual support and shared ownership, we unlocked both their brand and social value. I developed a marketing strategy to ensure they attract employer partners and new members, to create a sustainable community of savers and borrowers with financial peace of mind.
A project with a B2B healthcare company led to a 9.7% increase in turnover and a 16.4% increase in online sales in the course of a year. The growth happened because we developed a values-led brand story which focused marketing effort on the right activities at the right moment.
A rebranding exercise for a social sector membership company secured greater connection and engagement with their target clients leading to a 20% increase in turnover and a doubling of membership within a year.
At Irvine Bay Regeneration Company, marketing a clear vision and strategy helped to create 1,300 jobs and attract £100m in private sector funding. A sustained campaign across a range of stakeholders, with branding, social media activity, a strong web presence and work with local young people all playing a part in making Irvine Bay one of Scotland’s most successful regeneration companies – delivering real community.
These statistics illustrate how purposeful marketing can help a business to grow. Behind the numbers is my determination to fully understand your business and translate that understanding into marketing decisions that enable business growth and greater impact.
My focus is simple: to help you and your brand drive profit through purpose.
Outstanding results start with one conversation. Book a call to learn more about how to
grow with purpose, on purpose.
grow with purpose, on purpose.
I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, as well as an accredited Chartered Marketer awarded annually on a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) basis as testament to keeping up-to-date with the latest marketing thinking. I have completed Squared Online’s Digital Marketing Qualification accredited by Google as testament to my digital approach.
“…in a different league to other marketers with whom I’ve worked.”
Annabelle Beckwith, Yara Journeys
Skills and experience
- Strategic marketing thinking – branding and positioning strategy for competitive edge
- Brand management and cultural alignment – authentic communications in line with organisational values (certified CultureTalk practitioner)
- Commercial awareness – to understand the customer means to understand the commercial landscape
- Leadership & coaching – ability to explain complex concepts and secure buy-in at a senior level; teach and offer new ways of approaching things and raising the bar of what can be achieved
- Management & mentoring – interim management of marketing teams, mentoring and staff development
- Campaign & project management – customer insight and strong measurement, analytical and technical skills to optimise campaigns
- Agency & stakeholder management – collaborative approach to working with cross-functional internal and external teams
- Data & measurement – understand customers through data; measure marketing effectiveness; proper use of machine learning solutions
- Budget management – accurate budget forecasting as well as getting the most out of approved budgets
- Marketing mindset – ability to embrace change; critical and creative thinking; open and collaborative; values driven; seek out opportunities for continuous learning
Credentials – client work
- Purpose-led programmes include Value Credit Union, The Drama Box, Regeneration Youth, Irvine Bay Talks Science, Strathclyde Passenger Transport, Clyde Waterfront, Tenants’ Information Service
- Commercial experience includes Greencross Training, Q Assure Build, Robert Mackie of Scotland, PureLogicol, Spearhead Healthcare, Stewart Air Conditioning, Axis Solutions, Clyde Cruises, Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre, Access Plus, S&C Engineering, Elcomatic, Active Office
- Public sector experience includes Strathclyde Passenger Transport, Irvine Bay Regeneration Company, Clyde Waterfront, Scottish Enterprise, Edinburgh City Council, North Ayrshire Council, East Ayrshire Council, South Ayrshire Council, University of Edinburgh
- Third sector experience includes ConneXions, Break the Silence, Linstone Housing Association; Queens Cross Housing Association, Partick Housing Association, Govan Housing Association
“…incredibly energetic, highly motivated and would provide real value to any ambitious business.”
Emma Carberry, Robert Mackie of Scotland